Friday, February 10, 2006

Everything Is Illuminated

The offer came in a phone call today (while I was sitting next to my boss on the airport shuttle, on the way home from a business trip, but that's another story). I'm still in salary negotiations, but they've already more than matched my current salary, plus offered $10K in moving expenses, $5K per year in tuition reimbursement, benefits and vacation time that start immediately, and a bonus structure (I've never had a bonus before!). So it's a safe bet that, barring an overwhelming counteroffer from my current boss, I'll be back in Boston within a month.

There, now you know.

For those of you who know me in real life, and especially for those of you with whom I work: PLEASE keep this under your hat until further notice. First of all, I don't want to jinx anything until I actually finalize an offer. Secondly, I'd like for my boss to hear about it from me, not through the office grapevine. So don't mention it unless I bring it up first in person, or until you see the all-clear in this space.

But keep good thoughts, please!

No comments: