Thursday, March 02, 2006

true to my blog name

I'm so restless and fidgety, I can't settle down and focus. Hence all the short posts today; it's all my mind can handle. I owe you all stories from Vegas, but all I give you is Peeps.

At least Peeps are delicious and nutritious, and hardly fictitious.

Tomorrow is the first of many going-away parties, this one at my place. Call me if you want to come and need more info.

As a party favor, I'm trying to put together a CD of New York and Boston-themed songs. Here's the playlist I have so far:

New York New York -- On The Town
No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn -- Beastie Boys
Fairy Tale of New York -- Pogues
New Amsterdam -- Elvis Costello
More Than a Feeling -- Boston
Sixth Avenue Heartache -- Wallfowers
Leaving New York -- REM
Boston -- Augustana
Back To Boston -- Rosebuds
New York, New York -- Ryan Adams
Sweet Baby James -- James Taylor
Tessie -- Dropkick Murphys
Roadrunner -- Modern Lovers
Dirty Water -- Standells

I could fit more on a CD, though. So please give me some suggestions, particularly of Boston-themed songs.

Yes, I already have the band Boston, and I think one song from them is enough to represent. And of course there are a million bands from New York and from Boston, but I'm looking for subject matter, not source.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New York songs (easy):
New York - U2
End of the Day - Lucy Kaplansky
Love Song/New York - Lucy Kaplansky
Brooklyn Train - Lucy Kaplansky
Gotti - Smithereens
Walking Down Madison - Kirsty MacColl
Bleecker to Broadway - Eddie from Ohio

Boston Songs (hard):
Happier - Jennifer Trynin
Fight Fiercely Harvard - Tom Lehrer

I'll keep working on it.

Anonymous said...

More Boston Songs

The Dropkick Murphys - 1) For Boston 2)Shipping up to Boston
The Get Up Kids - A New Found Interest In Massachusetts
Patty Griffin - Boston
Various artists - Please come to Boston
Mighty, Mighty Bosstones - They Came To Boston

Maggie said...

Thanks to both of you!

At the moment, I'm a little heavy on teh New York songs, so I'll try to dig up some of those Boston ones.

Anonymous said...

"Cold Heart of the Stone," from Peter Wolf's Fool's Parade album, is about Boston.