Tuesday, November 02, 2004

PS 321: Countdown to Democracy

When I got to my voting place this morning, the crowds were pretty bad, but not so much as I had feared. The media, however, was out in full force. Vans from NY1 and Fox News were parked out in front, and there were photographers from the NY Times inside.

Fortunately, my district, district 27, had only three or so people in line, so I was in and out in 15 minutes. I think that's because we have a lot of authors, artists, actors, and other types who don't follow a 9-to-5 schedule, and they were probably going to vote once the rush-hour crowds had subsided. One person I did not see while I was there was my across-the-street neighbor, Chuck Schumer, but Gawker did. I know we're a great neighborhood, but I didn't realize we were worthy of so much attention!

No comments: