Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Hell is for children, not me!

And who would have ever thought it, hmmm? Good thing my dear Reader Nina clued me in to this fun test...

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

Your fate has been decided....
You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

First Level of Hell - Limbo

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.


Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)High
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)High
Level 2 (Lustful)High
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Moderate
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very Low
Level 7 (Violent)Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Low

Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test

2 comments:

Nina said...

Wow... you did very well. I wasn't really surprised that I was headed for level eight - what shocked me was what was getting me there... here I was thinking lust and gluttony were going to land me is shady misery, when all along it was petty theft from the office supply closet. Shocking, just shocking.

Maggie said...

Well, it is a self-evaluation. Maybe you just judge your sins more harshly than I do. Who knows? I thought lust and gluttony were going to bust me as well (sins of our modern age?), but apparently I've got a few redeeming virtues that tipped the balance.

My fave part is the company I keep -- Homer, Virgil, Aristotle! I guess a life of the mind saves your butt... but then that should have helped you out, right?