Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I owe you one...

...or two, or ten. Life has been extremely busy, hectic, crazy, surreal. And instead of telling you all about it, I disappear!

Shortest answer is, I got the call last Tuesday that my grandmother was at the end, and hopped on a plane to Chicago that night to say goodbye. I just got back last night. But no, she did not die, though she is failing fast, so expect me to be gone again sometime soon when I head back out there for the funeral.

Other news I owe you: the end of the bachelors, the new guys, my running stats, plans for New Orleans, peripheral family drama (well, maybe not), and a way way overdue Quarterly Report. Also, I'm having a party the night of the race, September 17. E-mail me if you want to come and I'll send you the Evite info. And I need a date for this wedding on September 24, but I have to RSVP soon, so if you want to sweep me off my feet, better do it like, now. (Steph, Manda suggested Big D, but I haven't even talked to him in forever. Thoughts?)

And then there's work. In general I try not to talk about my job in this public place, even though I use a pseudonym. But it's gotten out of control, and I may crack a bit and spill a few beans. In the meantime, anyone know of a magazine or media website that's hiring? I would REALLY love to give notice, like, tomorrow. My ideal places to work would be: AP, Esquire, Slate, Washington Post, or epicurious.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great If you're interested in investing, I'm sure you'd be interested in laser hair removal picture start laser hair removal picture

Maggie said...

You know, considering how thick and fab the hair on my head is, I'm surprisingly hair-free on the rest of my body (especially for a Mediterranean gal). But thanks anyway!

*Seriously,* does anyone know why I've suddenly started getting comment spam, after so many spam-free months?

mj said...

Maybe they know that the groom hasn't shaved in a while.