Warm and humid with sun and clouds; a shower in the morning, then a heavy thunderstorm.
High Temperature: 82° F
RealFeel®: 93° F
ANYway, if you want to come to Central Park and cheer for me (and I know you do), here's the plan:
- 8:00 am -- I arrive at the park, and head for the Bag Check near:
Bethesda Terrace, 72nd Street about halfway between east and west-side entrances.
You know the spot, there are stairs down to the big pretty fountain.
- 8:15 am -- do a short jog to warm up, and stretch
- 8:45 am -- meet my running group at:
72nd Street West Side entrance, across from the C train stop on CPW, at the benches.
We'll all be wearing our red and black Jackrabbit t-shirts. I will also have on black shorts and probably a Fenway Park baseball cap.
- 9:00 am -- leave the west-side entrance and head over towards the start/finish line, at:
Bethesda Terrace (again)
- 9:15 am -- race starts. I'll be starting out with the 11-minute mile group.
- 9:35-9:45 -- pain and boredom setting in for me up on 102nd and top of West Drive.
- 10:00-ish -- coming across the finish line, if all goes well!
Of course, if you don't come, I will cry bitter, bitter tears. Or maybe that'll just be the sweat ;) Or the rain!