Thursday, March 15, 2007

Beware the fucking Ides of March

I have an ancestor who was a general in Julius Caesar's army. It must be his blood; I always have trouble on the Ides.

And the day is living up to the terrible expectations:

  • After a crappy date (he didn't even know what the Ides of March is), I fell asleep on the couch, as Siena needed some cuddling. Woke up at 6:45 this morning
  • Went to bed because I feel it's important to spend some time in my bed each night. Overslept.
  • Went straight to the paper, as I didn't have time to stop by my office first. Parked in front as

    1. I don't work there and I am allowed to use that guest parking
    2. I was only going to be there for 20 minutes.

    Regardless, I got yelled at by the front desk guy, who threatened to have me towed because I didn't park in back.
  • Calendar staff got mad at me because their work is STILL not exporting correctly into the website. Like I'm not already miserable about this and have been trying to get it fixed for months-- now they're yelling at me too?
  • Late for meeting with traffic folks, my car got ticketed, and I was cranky during the meeting. But I pulled it together, and was charming enough that they want to give me a helicoptor ride.
  • New seating chart has me sitting next to the guy who makes the wierd bird noises. I am appealing it to HR.
  • The mammogram department has been trying to reach me for two days; they finaly caught me just now. They found a cyst and need me to go back and make sure everything's normal. Which it will be, I'm not worried, just annoyed. More of my time getting used up. At least they're very nice.
  • I want the Captain, tonight (he claims to owe me a spanking; how nice to not have to be the one in charge). But haven't heard anything from him today, and he hasn't flirted since last week. Considering how things have been going today, I'd say it's not the day for a bold move on my part.

That said, I am surprisingly chipper. And so looking forward to Chez Henri tonight!

1 comment:

kalimera said...

Dinner at Chez Henri was lovely, and I enjoyed the chill hanging out with Brian and Siobhan in the bar.