Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Outer Banks

So I was talking to my running partner this morning, and he told me that he's heading down to North Carolina for the long weekend.

Ah, shopping for some furniture? says I.

No, heading to the Outer Banks. Why does everyone keep asking me about furniture? says he.

Then, at lunch, told this story to a co-worker, and she too did not get the furniture reference.

Looks like that lovely state is having a bit of a PR problem regarding one of its, um, High Points (hee). Or maybe it just speaks to the sad state of manufacturing industries in general in these modern times. Anyway, if you want to check out some great deals on fine-crafted furnishings this weekend, American's got a $99 last-minute fare from JFK to Raleigh/Durham this weekend.

Don't you love the way everything just comes together sometimes?

No comments: